Wednesday, January 17, 2007

LTR invades Myspace!

Okay, now we've gone and done it.

After vowing not to do it, we went ahead and did it anyway.

Yes, LTR now has a Myspace page!

So the question is, why? Have I lost my damn mind? Okay, maybe I have.

Last month, I claimed that a Myspace thingy did cross my mind, but I felt it would be too redundant. A Myspace would just be repeating the stuff I post here. However, one of the biggest goings-on in the world of liberal talk is the power of the people. I've written many times in the past about how grassroots movements and individuals are changing what we listen to. From the effort to 'Save the Mic' to Spocko's crusade against racist radio, we've all become a force. Time magazine was correct in naming "You" as people of the year for 2006. It's the truth. Back in 1970, John Lennon sang "Power to the People," and we've finally taken up that charge.

So, enough bullshit. What's this thing all about anyway?

"LTRspace" will perform a somewhat different function. I plan to link up with other like-minded pages (such as those of radio stations, fan pages, grassroots movements, etc.) and perhaps even pull in more traffic.

I once criticized Myspace as being the "Seinfeld" of web sites - namely, it's a site about nothing. And for the most part, it still is. But I felt it would be cool to make 'something' out of 'nothing'. Again, we're not inventing new ways to split the atom. It's just a fun little extension, and perhaps a bit more interesting than Tila Tequila.

But, you ask, what about Rupert Murdoch? After all, his company, which also gives out paychecks to the likes of O'Reilly, Hannity, Hume and the usual gang of idiots, owns this "GeoCities for minglers." Well, so? It's not like I'm forking money over to him. I surf Myspace via the Firefox browser, with scripts turned off. I see no ads. Besides, I love irony, and nothing's more ironic than me over there spreading subversive messages. Gotta love it!

Will this change anything here? Absolutely not. This is the mothership. Nothing changes. The Myspace thingy is merely an extension, not a replacement. Besides, Myspace sucks for blogging.

So, check it out. LTRspace is now open! Visit at myspace.com/ltrspace.

0 comments:


  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP