Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The weekly "Franken's Running" post

Okay, okay. Just kidding. Nonetheless, I promise this will be the last "Franken's running" article I post.

Al Franken said on his show today that he will indeed run for the Senate in 2008, challenging Republican incumbent Norm Coleman.

Franken's announcement came on the final day of his radio show on Air America. The decision by the former Saturday Night Live performer instantly makes him a serious contender and brings national attention to the race.

"Minnesotans have a right to be skeptical about whether I'm ready for this challenge, and to wonder how seriously I would take the responsibility that I'm asking you to give me," Franken said in a video on his website.

"I want you to know: Nothing means more to me than making government work better for the working families of this state, and over the next 20 months, I look forward to proving to you that I take these issues seriously," Franken said.

Franken's name is well-known and he is likely to be well-funded, but he's expected to be challenged by several other Democrats, including wealthy trial attorney Mike Ciresi.

Immediately following this will be the 378th comment by Fredmaceefraisebsterstock saying Air America should go off the air.

And Franken has set up a website devoted to his Senate run and all other activities post-Air America. You can access it here.

As for his show, he's done with it, but Marc Maron will fill in as guest host for the remaining two shows this week. Thom Hartmann will slide over to the main schedule to occupy the shift beginning Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it was you who said keep the radio board [bleep] on the radio boards,LT-FI.
Yes, they are an embarrassment to progressive talk. You and others here excuse and condone their antics because they are liberal - just as AAR expects people to listen to bad radio only because it is liberal.
Liberal talk can not and will not be taken seriously as a format as long as the gang that can't shoot straight is still in business.
I wonder what you would be saying, given the same set of facts and circumstances, if this had been Salem we were talking about.

ltr said...

I merely cited names you've used here. You change your name on this blog more than Madonna changes hairstyles.

Have you flip-flopped over to the conservative side now?


  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP