Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rumormongering is fun

Here's an interesting rumor, courtesy of the ol' tip line. It involves a new progressive talk station that will possibly start up the format by next week.

I can't say too much about it, since this is an unconfirmed rumor, but I most certainly can tease the hell out of all of you about it. While I can't name names or divulge identities, I can drop a few hints:

1. It is in a market that once had a progressive talk station. The replacement format on that station has not lived up to expectations, and currently does not even show up in the ratings book.

2. Air America will be on the new station. So will Ed Schultz and Stephanie Miller. Bill Press has said that he will be there. They will even carry Democracy Now. The station will also air some sports programming.

3. The new station has a domain name reserved for their website, which should launch soon. And no, I cannot divulge the URL yet. In due time.

4. The station will likely launch as early as next Monday or Tuesday.

5. It is bigger than a breadbox.

And that's about all I can say about it. I was asked to be discreet about it, so I am. But I will have more about it later, and possibly sooner than that.

In the meantime, this is off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush.

UPDATE: Well, since everyone else and their mother are starting to hop on board, I'll spill the beans. The station is WVKO (1580AM) in Columbus, OH, a situation I posted a rumor about a few months back. Progress Ohio put something up about it. The station would replace the old WTPG, which flipped to an anemic general talk format that as of late has taken a dive in the ratings. The new format will hopefully debut as soon as Monday.

4 comments:

madmatthew said...

Hmmmm. Somewhere in Ohio, I reckon.

ltr said...

You reckon so. The announcement's officially been made, so I added the update.

Here's the lineup so far:

Lineup: M-F

6-9a Bill Press (Jones Radio Network)
9a-12n Stephanie Miller (Jones)
12n-3p Ed Schultz (Jones)
3-6p Randi Rhodes (Air America)
6-8p Rachel Maddow (AA)
8p-6a TBA
weekends: TBA

GM: Gary Richards
sportsradioohio@msn.com

Other: Local high school football and boys and girls basketball, other local sports TBA

Information on website and stream (yes, they will stream) have been added to the left column.

Morrigan said...

LTR I just want to say, your site is wonderful...when in doubt OR NOT one should always go and check here. THANK You!
I tried to leave a message on MSists site when I saw you "fky" by last year or so. *poof* ;)

NonStop Radio said...

This is a very proud moment for NonStop Radio, as the Ohio Majority Radio group that we helped start joined up with ProgressOhio to make this happen! http://www.NonStopRadio.com is celebrating! :-)


  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP